Top Lessons from"Paying For College" book
I recently read Parent's Guide to Paying For College and Repaying Student Loans by Reyna Gobel. This book was a quick read, and not as detailed as some college financing books I have read. Here are the top takeaway messages from the book. Contact me for more info about financial aid for college.
* Save early using 529 plans and prepaid tuition plans
* Enlist help savings from your relatives, and increase funding as college approaches.
* Teen jobs and high school scholarships can help defray some of the cost of college.
* A short template can help you compare college financial aid award letters.
* Loan options include parent and student federal loans as well as private loans.
* Use a repayment estimator and consolidation calculator to compare repayment options.